A Power of Attorney (POA) is also known as a mandate in Louisiana. A LA POA can be general, or it can be specific. Every Power of Attorney allows the person granting the power (the Principal) to appoint another person (the Agent) to represent them. With a properly executed POA, the Agent can act in the Principal’s place. If you need assistance with creating a Louisiana Power of Attorney, or getting it notarized in the Baton Rouge area, please call me at 225-907-5280.
Since a POA can be specific, in addition to general, there are countless varieties of POA’s. On this site I want to give examples of the most common ones that I encounter on a regular basis:
- LA Financial Power of Attorney- Concerns financial and business matters.
- LA Healthcare Power of Attorney- Appoint someone to represent you in healthcare decisions.
- LA General Durable Power of Attorney- Covers all business and healthcare decisions.
- LA Provisional Custody By Mandate- Appoint someone to be the guardian of your children on a temporary basis.
- LA Real Estate POA- Name someone to represent you on the purchasing or selling of a home.
- LA Auto POA- Allow someone to represent you in the purchasing or selling of a vehicle.
- LA Specific POA- A generic POA where you can appoint someone to represent you in any specific matter,
If you need assistance, please call George Tull at 225-907-5280.